Applying to SCIS
Thank you for your interesting in joining our dynamic international learning community. Through the admissions process, SCIS strives to foster a diverse school community with a strong blend of international, cultural and linguistic backgrounds. We seek applicants who are well-rounded in their interests and who show a strong commitment and effort toward learning. As a community-centered institution, SCIS values strong and supportive family units. We consider both the parent and student as partners within our learning community.
We welcome you to apply for admission to SCIS and encourage you to put full time and effort into completing your application. Before beginning the process, please make sure to review our Admissions Guidelines to confirm that you are eligible for enrollment. When you are ready, please view the admission checklist below and follow the steps for completing our online application. If you have any questions please contact our admission office.
- Campus Visit (recommended for all. required for all families living in Shanghai)
- Online Application for Admission
- Application Fee of RMB 2,500 per applicant
- Supporting Documents, including:
– Letter of Recommendation (for applicants for grades 1-12)*
– School Reports (most current and at least previous 3 years)*
– High School Transcripts (for applicants for grades 10-12)*
– Standardized Assessment Results (for applicants for grades 1-12), if available*
– English Language Proficiency Assessment Results (for applicants for grades 1-12), if applicable and available*
– Learning Support Documents (i.e. IEP, Ed. Psych. Report, Student Support Plan, etc.), if applicable and available*
– Passport (copy of applicant’s and parents’)
– Residential Visa (copy of applicant’s and parents’)**
– Birth Certificate (copy of applicant’s)
– Immunization Records (copy of applicant’s)
For a detailed checklist of requirements for each eligibility category, please download our Admissions Checklist.
*these documents must be translated to English
**these documents can be submitted at a later date if you do not yet have them
Step 1: View the Age/Grade Level Guidelines and the Admissions Checklist
Step 2: Complete the Online Application for Admission
Step 3: Submit all necessary documents through the Online Application Portal
Step 4: Pay the Application Fee
An application for admission to SCIS is only considered complete once all documents listed above are submitted and the application fee has been paid. Once complete, our Admissions
Committee will review and discuss each candidate’s application in full. An admissions decision will be sent by email approximately one week from the date an application was submitted in full. It’s important to note that the timeline to receive an admissions decision may be extended if the Admissions Committee determines that additional steps or requirements are necessary. Admissions decisions include: acceptance, denial, and wait pool. Offers of enrollment are subject to space availability and candidate qualifications.