Applying to SCIS
Thank you for your interest in Shanghai Community International School. SCIS believes in a holistic admission process, in which we look at the student as a whole person. Please view the admission checklist below and follow the steps for filling out our online application. If you have any questions please contact our admission office.
*Please note that per international school rules within China, SCIS may only accept applicants that hold overseas passports, birth certificates, or in special cases, have obtained a waiver letter from the Shanghai Municipal Education Commission.
Before the admission committee will review any application, the following documents must be sent to the admission office:
- Completed Application
- Application fee
- Nursery – Grade 12: RMB 2,500
- A campus visit is required for all applicants currently living in Shanghai
- Previous school report, preferable at least 3 years. If not available a letter of completion from the school principal. (Transcript must be translated into English)
- Applicants for grades 1-12 must provide a letter of recommendation from a school principal, teacher or counselor.
- Applicants for grades 10-12 must provide a transcript for all high school years.
- Copies of applicants and parent passports
- Copies of applicants and parents residential visas
- Copy of applicants birth certificate
- Copy of applicants immunization record
Step 1: View the age guideline chart and the admission checklist
Step 2: Fill out the online application
Step 3: Submit all necessary documents through the online application portal or by emailing them to the admission office at firstname.lastname@example.org
The application is only considered complete once the admissions office has received the application fee. The admissions committee reviews a completed application and a decision is sent to the family after approximately one work week.