"The diversity in staff and families provides our community with opportunities to engage in authentic conversations and experiences to develop into responsible global citizens."
ANZ Virtual Teacher Recruitment Fair
Saturday, December 18th
A Global, Professional, Teaching Opportunity in Shanghai
A fantastic opportunity to expand your global teaching career and join an international school with a reputable 25-year legacy, in one of the most cosmopolitan cities in the world!
Shanghai Community International School (SCIS) is looking for Australian and New Zealand professional educators who value:
International, diverse and inclusive communities and supporting the well-being of everyone, and an inquiry-based & holistic approach to learning through the implementation of the IB programme
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR NEW OPPPORTUNITY
LIVING IN SHANGHAI
Cultural immersion and unique life experiences to be had in this global financial hub that is rich in culture, history and endless things to do, places to explore and events to attend. Shanghai is home to numbers of foreign expats as of 2021, making this city a favourable destination for new overseas professionals looking to be welcomed warmly and adjusting seamlessly.
General well-being, career satisfaction and access to overall quality of lifestyle are the most common reasons cited by expats as the most attractive about living in Shanghai.
I am interested in this opportunity! Sign up here to participate at our upcoming Virtual Recruitment Fair.
TEACHING AT SCIS
Proudly one of only two IB-Continuum international schools in Shanghai, SCIS has earned its reputation as a world-class in international education comprising a diverse community of educators and learners who take our shared mission to heart by working together to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring learners who contribute positively to their communities.
SCIS offers highly competitive salary, flights, housing, medical coverage including dental, bonuses and is known for nurturing a supportive environment for our faculty members to realise quality of life through a work-life balance approach.
Discover the SCIS community for yourself – sign up today.
Submit your Interest
Submit this short survey of interest and upload your resume (CV) and cover letter for us to learn more about you and to declare your interest in one of our open positions for the 2022-23 school year.
After submitting your interest, the SCIS recruitment team will review your application and will reply within 3-5 working days.
After completing an initial screening of your application, if we believe there is a good match, we will send you further instructions to sign up for a virtual interview during our virtual teacher recruitment fair on December 16 or earlier if possible.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are currently seeking qualified educators who are coming from Australia and New Zealand for an array of open positions for the 2022-23 school year. Due to current border and visa restrictions, brought on by the Coronavirus pandemic, SCIS has identified these specifics for priority consideration:
- Candidates who hold Australian and/or New Zealand passports
- Candidates, without school-age dependents
- Candidates, with teaching dependents
What you will get:
- Minimum 2-year contract
- Teach at one of the most reputable, well-established, accredited IB-Continuum international school with a 25-year strong history in Shanghai and in international education
- Base salary starting at USD55,000 per year (will vary accordingly as per experience)
- Arrival to Shanghai in May 2022 to allow for settling in, getting to know the team and exploring the city before the school year commences
For the full list of compensation and benefits, click here.
Teachers who best fit the SCIS community believe in the value of:
- Lifelong learning
- International, diverse and inclusive communities
- Driving change through innovation and creativity
- Supporting the well-being of everyone
- An inquiry-based & holistic approach to learning
WHY OUR FACULTY LOVE THE SCIS COMMUNITY
“SCIS has been really great in helping me become an open-minded and international individual."
"Kids, especially two-year-olds, are so inspirational in the way that they approach learning"
CURRENT OPENINGS FOR 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR
- Director of Student Support
- Director of Teaching & Learning
- Lower School Vice Principal
Lower School - Nursery to Grade 5 (PYP)
- Homeroom Teacher (Nursery-Kindergarten)
- Student Support Teacher
- English as an Additional Language Teacher
- Music Teacher
- Homeroom Teacher (Grades 1-5)
- Learning Support Coordinator
- Learning Support Teacher
- Early Childhood School Counselor and Student Support Team Leader
Upper School - Grade 6 to Grade 12 (MYP/DP)
- MYP/DP English Language & Literature Teacher
- MYP/DP English Language Acquisition Teacher
- MYP/DP Visual Arts Teacher
- MYP Design Teacher
- MYP Humanities/DP Psychology Teacher
- MYP Science/DP Biology Teacher
- MYP Science/DP ESS Teacher
- MYP/DP Mathematics Teacher
- MYP Physical and Health Education Teacher
- MYP/DP Drama Teacher
- MYP/DP French Teacher
- College Counselor
- Social/Emotional and Career Counselor
Don’t see the job you are looking for? You can still submit your interest and resume for future consideration. Our contract renewal process for our current faculty is still ongoing, so new opportunities may be available in the near future.
Questions should be directed to email@example.com