Last updated: Aug 18th, 2023
Thank you for your interest in working at Shanghai Community International School.
If you are interested in employment at SCIS, please identify the position you seek in the subject line of an email and attach a cover letter of introduction and a complete resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
SCIS does most of its hiring through:
- University of Northern Iowa
- The International Educator
- Search Associates
- International Schools Services
Beginning in October each year, we review all applications and will make appointments prior to the start of the recruiting fairs. We review expressions of interest which may be made via e-mail and contact appropriate candidates via telephone or video conference.
Minimum teaching requirements for SCIS include:
- Valid teaching credential or equivalent in subject area from a government institution (four-year degrees required)
- Three years full-time teaching experience in the grade level or subject area of our vacancy
- Familiarity with best practices in education
- Evidence of recent professional growth activities
- Experience and commitment to co-curricular and after school activities
- Experience working in a multi-cultural or international school setting
SCHOOLS WITH A STRONG VISION FOR LEARNING
I chose to teach at SCIS because of the truly international community that supports learning and growing in an inquiry-based environment. The school’s vision of international-mindedness is reflected in the many events held on campus and in the way that students and teachers interact with, and respect one another.
- Rebecca Macoskey, Former Lower School Music and Art Teacher at SCIS Pudong