"The diversity in staff and families provides our community with opportunities to engage in authentic conversations and experiences to develop into responsible global citizens."
Virtual Teacher Recruitment Fair
Saturday, October 23rd
Join the SCIS Community. Sign up Now & Save the Date!
Shanghai Community International School (SCIS) invites educators in China to attend our annual Teacher Recruitment Fair. We are pleased to offer the opportunity for you to meet members of the SCIS community and speak to the school’s leadership team.
With a 25-year legacy of cultivating global-minded, well-rounded and intellectually curious students, SCIS has served as an essential cornerstone to providing a sense of community and inclusion for the student body and the faculty members. As a fully authorized International Baccalaureate (IB) Continuum World School (PYP, MYP, & DP), SCIS is comprised of a diverse community of learners who take our shared mission to heart by working together to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring learners who contribute positively to their communities.
Our Mission is the foundation from which we support our holistic approach to education. We utilize inquiry-based learning throughout our rigorous academic program as well as our expansive extra-curricular opportunities. With a dedicated focus on student well-being, SCIS has established a welcoming atmosphere that creates the conditions for students to follow their passion for learning, all within a truly international context.
Discover the SCIS community for yourself – sign up today.
Note: Registration for our Virtual Teacher Recruitment Fair is now closed.
Interested candidates are still welcome to apply via the form below. The SCIS recruitment team will get back to you once your application has been reviewed.
Submit your Interest
Submit this short survey of interest and upload your resume (CV) and cover letter for us to learn more about you and to declare your interest in one of our open positions for the 2022-23 school year.
After submitting your interest, the SCIS recruitment team will review your application and will reply within 3-5 working days.
After completing an initial screening of your application, if we believe there is a good match, we will send you further instructions to sign up for a virtual interview during our virtual teacher recruitment fair on October 23 or earlier if possible.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are currently seeking teachers who are located both within and outside of China for an array of open positions for the 2022-23 school year. Due to current border and visa restrictions, brought on by the Coronavirus pandemic, SCIS will give priority consideration as follows:
- Candidates who are currently living or working inside of China.
- Candidates, without dependents, who are currently living or working outside of China.
- Candidates, with dependents, who are currently living or working outside of China and who understand that their dependents may have to relocate to China at a later date. The dependents arrival timeline is subject to relevant government policy.
Teachers who best fit the SCIS community believe in the value of:
- Lifelong learning
- International, diverse and inclusive communities
- Driving change through innovation and creativity
- Supporting the well-being of everyone
- An inquiry-based & holistic approach to learning
WHY OUR FACULTY LOVE THE SCIS COMMUNITY
“SCIS has been really great in helping me become an open-minded and international individual."
"Kids, especially two-year-olds, are so inspirational in the way that they approach learning"
CURRENT OPENINGS FOR 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR
Lower School - Nursery to Grade 5 (PYP)
- Homeroom Teacher (Nursery-Kindergarten)
- Student Support Teacher
- English as an Additional Language Teacher
- Music Teacher
- Physical Education Teacher
- Homeroom Teacher (Grades 1-5)
- Speech and Language Pathologist
- Learning Support Coordinator
- Learning Support Teacher
Upper School - Grade 6 to Grade 12 (MYP/DP)
- Learning Support Assistant
- Learning Support Teacher
- MYP/DP English Language & Literature Teacher
- MYP/DP English Language Acquisition Teacher
- MYP/DP Visual Arts Teacher
- MYP Design Teacher
- MYP Humanities/DP Psychology Teacher
- MYP Science/DP Biology Teacher
- MYP Science/DP ESS Teacher
- MYP/DP Mathematics Teacher
- MYP Physical and Health Education Teacher
- MYP/DP Drama Teacher
- MYP/DP French Teacher
- College Counselor
- Social/Emotional and Career Counselor
Don’t see the job you are looking for? You can still submit your interest and resume for future consideration. Our contract renewal process for our current faculty is still ongoing, so new opportunities may be available in the near future.
Questions should be directed to email@example.com