THE VERY SPIRIT OF COMMUNITY
Communitas, our printed school magazine, is written by and for our community and features some of the initiatives and accomplishments at our individual campuses. Entering its seventh year of publication, it has been the venue for reflection, discovery, and celebration throughout our school community. Communitas is published six times per year for the SCIS community, our friends, and the larger Shanghai community in general. The name Communitas roughly translates from Latin as ‘the very spirit of community.’ That same spirit is what we intend for you to find throughout the pages of each publication.
We welcome submissions of articles that are noteworthy to the international community. As the name entitles, the main aim of the magazine is to promote community among all SCIS stakeholders as well as serve as an entertaining and educating source for the entire international community in the Shanghai area.
The Communitas magazine is published 6 times per year. See below for the time periods and due dates:
- September/October 2019 Issue. Submission deadline: September 13th, 2019.
- November 2019 Issue. Submission deadline: November 1st, 2019.
- December/January 2019 Issue. Submission deadline: December 13th, 2020.
- February/March 2020 Issue. Submission deadline: February 21st, 2020.
- April/May 2020 Issue. Submission deadline: April 10th,2020.
- June 2020 Issue. Submission deadline: May 22nd,2020.
We receive a number of submissions for each issue, and publication is not guaranteed. The two biggest factors in determining publication is quality of writing and quality of accompanying photographs.
- Article tend to be between 400-700 words, but longer and shorter submissions are welcome. All articles are thoroughly reviewed and may be edited for style, length, grammar, and accuracy.
- Accompanying photographs need to be high quality. Simply, they should be sharp, well-lit, and professional.
Should you have any commentary, observations, wish to submit articles or inquire as to ways to collaborate, feel free to send all inquiries or correspondence to the Communitas editor via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org