Whether you are staying in humid Shanghai or traveling elsewhere for the summer, it is always essential to have a few books stacked on your nightstand or in your beach bag to keep your mind intrigued and full of excitement.
Luckily, our librarian Ashely Simmons has created the ultimate Summer 2022 Reading List to fulfill every student’s favorite flavor from chilling thrillers to feel-good novels.
We promise that these novels will be hard to put down once you pick them up!
Scroll below to see our recommendations for top titles:
- The Marry Shelley Club by Goldy Moldavsky
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
- Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency by Douglas Adams
- Lycanthropy and other Chronic Illnesses by Kristen O'Neal
- Kimchi & Calamari by Rose Kent
- The Good Braiden by Terry Farish
Middle School Summer Reading Recommendations:
- Golden Girl by Reem Faruqi
- Pizza my Heart by Rhiannon Richardson
- Northwind by Gary Paulsen
- Coming of Age by Jonathan Rosen & Henry Herz
- Molly and the Machine by Erik Jon Slangerup
- Jennifer Chan is Not Alone by Tae Keller
Young Adult Summer Reading Recommendations:
- African Town by Irene Latham & Charles Waters
- Alone out Here by Riley Redgate
- Sea of Tranquility by Emily St. John Mandel
- The Match Breaker Summer by Annie Rains
- Horror Hotel by Victoria Fulton & Faith McClaren
- Rising Trouble Maker by Luvvie Ajayi Jones
SCIS. Knowledgeable Inquirers.