PARENTS AND FRIENDS ASSOCIATION
Enriching Student Experiences
SCIS is fortunate to have a parent organization called the Parents and Friends Association (PAFA). Founded in May of 1996, PAFA coordinates parent involvement with the school and is a source of strength and support, knowledge, experience, and a place where many of our families find lifelong friends.
As their child’s first teacher, parents are encouraged to be involved in their school experience. Throughout the school year, PAFA organizes events and activities that encourage parent and community involvement. It meets regularly to communicate ideas for the betterment of SCIS; working with the school administration to plan and implement a variety of events that support teaching and learning, and celebrate the diversity and unique culture of our school.
To find out more information about PAFA, please email:
All SCIS parents are members of PAFA- everyone is highly welcome to participate!
Together as parents, students, staff, faculty and friends, we will build a solid foundation that unites our diversity and fosters a positive, cohesive community.
To provide support and resources to the school community through the coordination of activities and projects outside of the regular school provided curriculum.
- Encourage parent and community involvement
- Help coordinate programs outside of the provided curriculum
- Encourage participation by all without discrimination
- To work collaboratively with school leadership to foster a positive and productive school culture
- To effectively communicate decisions and events with all PAFA members
- To raise funds to support various efforts that build our community
MEET OUR PAFA COMMITTEE
PAFA SPONSORED EVENTS