THE VERY SPIRIT OF COMMUNITY
The “Communitas” is a magazine by Shanghai Community International School’s Marketing and Communications office that features some of the initiatives and accomplishments at our individual campuses. Entering its seventh year of publication, it has been the venue for reflection, discovery, and celebration throughout our school community. Communitas is published six times per year for the SCIS community, our friends, and the larger Shanghai community in general. The name Communitas roughly translates from Latin as ‘the very spirit of community.’ That same spirit is what we intend for you to find throughout the pages of each publication.
The Communitas magazine is published 6 times per year. See below for the time periods and due dates:
- September 2018 Issue. Submission deadline: September 28th, 2018.
- October/November 2018 Issue. Submission deadline: November 16th, 2018.
- December/January 2019 Issue. Submission deadline: January 11th, 2019.
- February/March 2019 Issue. Submission deadline: March 8th, 2019.
- April/March 2019 Issue. Submission deadline: May 17th,2019.
- June 2019 Issue. Submission deadline: June 12th,2019.
We receive a number of submissions for each issue, and publication is not guaranteed. The two biggest factors in determining publication is quality of writing and quality of accompanying photographs.
- Article tend to be between 400-700 words, but longer and shorter submissions are welcome. All articles are thoroughly reviewed and may be edited for style, length, grammar, and accuracy.
- Accompanying photographs need to be high quality. Simply, they should be sharp, well-lit, and professional.
Should you have any commentary, observations, wish to submit articles or inquire as to ways to collaborate, feel free to send all inquiries or correspondence to the Communitas editor via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org