The IB Diploma Scholarship
A merit-based scholarship for prospective students who aspire to pursue an IB Diploma. Candidates must demonstrate a commitment to excelling in their academic endeavors and believe in the concept of international mindedness, respecting world cultures, embracing diversity, and valuing different perspectives.
This scholarship is available for students seeking enrollment for Grades 10 or 11, with aspirations to graduate as an SCIS Dragon and with an IB Diploma, and who would flourish within SCIS’ dynamic, international learner community and the IB Programme.
- Prospective students seeking enrollment at SCIS for Grades 10 or 11
- Evidence of strong academic achievement at their current school (i.e. reports, rankings, awards, etc.)
- Demonstrated commitment to academic excellence
- Desire to be part of an academically rigorous program, within an inclusive, dynamic, and diverse learning community
- Motivated to develop as an inquiring, knowledgeable and caring learner who contribute positively to their communities
- Commitment to enrollment through graduation and pursuit of an SCIS and IB Diploma
- Between 25-75% of the annual tuition fee
- Valid through graduation
- Subject to annual review of qualifications
How to Apply:
- Review the SCIS Admissions Guidelines to confirm your eligibility for admission.
- Submit the SCIS Scholarship Application Form.
- Upload your Essay Response and Personal Statement.
- Provide your current academic year semester / annual school reports and all full annual school reports for each middle and high school academic year you’ve previously completed.
- Submit a summary / resume of all achievements and activities you participated in within and outside of school over the last two years.
- The deadline to apply for a scholarship through the SCIS International Scholars Program is Friday, December 22, 2023. Given the timely process for applying for a scholarship and admission to SCIS, it is recommended to complete the scholarship application as early as possible before the posted deadline. Application review will commence on a rolling basis.
- Scholarship applications will be reviewed by the SCIS Scholarship Committee and preliminary feedback regarding eligibility will be communicated shortly thereafter.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to meet with a member of the SCIS Scholarship Committee to discuss their candidacy, and may be asked to complete an aptitude assessment in literacy and mathematics.
- Eligible candidates will be prompted to complete the full SCIS Application for Admission and submit all supporting documents.
- Scholarship awards will be communicated by February 23, 2024.
For questions regarding the SCIS International Scholars Program and/or for assistance in submitting your supporting documentation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.