The Renaissance Scholarship
An arts-based scholarship for prospective students who are passionate in their pursuit of design, visual arts, and/or performing arts. Candidates should be committed to the study of the arts, while also balancing their achievements in all academic subjects, participation in extracurricular activities, and community engagements.
- Prospective students seeking enrollment at SCIS for Grades 6 through 11
- Evidence of consistent academic achievement at their current school (i.e. reports, rankings, awards, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability, achievement, and passion for the arts
- Balanced approach to academic success, extra-curricular pursuits, and community involvement
- Between 25-75% of the annual tuition fee
- Valid for up to 4 years, with the opportunity to renew through to graduation
- Subject to annual review of qualifications
How to Apply:
- Review the SCIS Admissions Guidelines to confirm your eligibility for admission.
- Submit the SCIS Scholarship Application Form.
- Upload your Essay Response and Personal Statement.
- Provide your current academic year semester / annual school reports and your full annual school report from the previous academic year.
- Submit a portfolio of 5-10 pieces of artwork from any medium that best represent your talents and passion for the arts (i.e., drawing, painting, sketching, digital media, audio, video, etc.).
- Preferred format: combine all artwork samples into one digital portfolio (i.e. PowerPoint or Keynote), then convert and save it as a PDF before uploading. Ensure the file size is reduced to no larger than 20MB or compress the file if necessary. Alternatively, provide a transfer link to download the digital portfolio.
- The deadline to apply for a scholarship through the SCIS International Scholars Program is Friday, December 22, 2023. Given the timely process for applying for a scholarship and admission to SCIS, it is recommended to complete the scholarship application as early as possible before the posted deadline. Application review will commence on a rolling basis.
- Scholarship applications will be reviewed by the SCIS Scholarship Committee and preliminary feedback regarding eligibility will be communicated shortly thereafter.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to meet with a member of the SCIS Scholarship Committee to discuss their candidacy, and may be asked to complete an aptitude assessment in literacy and mathematics.
- Eligible candidates will be prompted to complete the full SCIS Application for Admission and submit all supporting documents.
- Scholarship awards will be communicated by February 23, 2024.
For questions regarding the SCIS International Scholars Program and/or for assistance in submitting your supporting documentation, please contact email@example.com.