The Self-Motivated Learner Scholarship
A merit-based scholarship for prospective students who are committed to excelling in their academic endeavors while contributing positively to the school community through active participation in extracurricular activities. Candidates should demonstrate the concept of international-mindedness, believe in respecting world cultures, embracing diversity, and valuing different perspectives.
This scholarship is available for students who are currently enrolled within a qualified homeschool program and who would flourish within SCIS’ dynamic, international learner community and the IB Programme.
- Prospective students seeking enrollment at SCIS for Grades 5 through 11, and currently enrolled within a qualified homeschool program for at least one academic year
- Evidence of strong academic achievement, abilities, promise (i.e. reports, rankings, awards, etc.)
- Internationally minded, with aspirations to be a global citizen who contributes positively to their communities
- Balanced approach to academic success, extra-curricular pursuits, and community involvement
- Between 25-75% of the annual tuition fee
- Valid for up to 4 years, with the opportunity to renew through to graduation
- Subject to annual review of qualifications
How to Apply:
- Review the SCIS Admissions Guidelines to confirm your eligibility for admission.
- Submit the SCIS Scholarship Application Form.
- Upload your Essay Response and Personal Statement.
Provide your School Reports:
Applicants for Grades 6 & 7: Provide your current academic year semester / annual school reports and your full annual school report from the previous academic year.
- Applicants for Grades 8, 9, 10, & 11: Provide your current academic year semester / annual school reports and all full annual school reports for each middle and high school academic year you’ve previously completed.
5. Submit a summary / resume of all achievements and activities you participated in within and outside of school over the last two years.
- The deadline to apply for a scholarship through the SCIS International Scholars Program is Friday, December 23, 2022. Given the timely process for applying for a scholarship and admission to SCIS, it is recommended to complete the scholarship application as early as possible before the posted deadline. Application review will commence on a rolling basis.
- Scholarship applications will be reviewed by the SCIS Scholarship Committee and preliminary feedback regarding eligibility will be communicated shortly thereafter.
- Eligible candidates will be prompted to complete the full SCIS Application for Admission and submit all supporting documents.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to meet with a member of the SCIS Scholarship Committee to discuss their candidacy, and may be asked to complete an aptitude assessment in literacy and mathematics.
- Scholarship awards will be communicated by February 24, 2023.
For questions regarding the SCIS International Scholars Program and/or for assistance in submitting your supporting documentation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.