THE SCIS LEARNING EXPERIENCE
Providing individual care and attention
Learning at SCIS is done through personalized and exceptional learning experiences where we ensure we meet the unique needs of every individual.
Students are empowered to think critically, collaboratively, in a diverse school community and are aspired to discover their passion and embrace their personal potential.
At the core of our learning program is maintaining a commitment to student development and educational excellence through our curriculum, Schoolwide Learner Outcomes (SLOs), and school mission. Through a student-centered approach, we focus on nurturing students to become the best version of themselves by providing flexible learning experiences.
DISCOVER OUR DIVISIONS
We push the envelope of best practice and provide individual attention and solutions.
HOW WE DO IT?
EMBRACING THE RENAISSANCE IDEAL
We provide outlets for passions to flourish, with being fluent across many disciplines from academics to athletics to art the norm, not the exception.
SCHOOL-WIDE LEARNER OUTCOMES
Our four core School-wide Learner Outcomes identify what we believe every learner at SCIS should aspire to achieve.
SCIS students are Innovative Thinkers who:
- Think critically and creatively
- Apply learning to real-life situations
- Show flexibility in analyzing and evaluating resources, strategies, and perspectives
SCIS students are Knowledgeable Inquirers who:
- Ask questions and seek answers as a result of intrinsic motivation and curiosity
- Seek factual and conceptual connections
- Determine bias and perspective
- Acknowledge challenges and actively develop solutions
SCIS students are Self-Directed Learners who:
- Act with integrity
- Maintain an active, balanced, and healthy lifestyle
- Embrace new opportunities and challenges
- Reflect for self-improvement
SCIS students are Positive Contributors who:
- Initiate action to impact their communities
- Nurture caring and collaborative relationships
- Communicate with others effectively and respectfully