From Nursery to Grade 4, students share Apple iPad tablets in classrooms. In Grade 5, students begin their transition from shared tablets to shared Apple MacBook laptops. From Grade 6 onward, students are issued an Apple MacBook laptop for the one-to-one program.
All educators are issued an Apple MacBook laptop. Lower School educators may also be issued an additional Apple iPad.
The following is only a short list of technology services and resources provided:
- Each campus has a designated Educational Technology Integration Coordinator
- Helpdesk support and onsite Apple Repair Center at the Hongqiao main campus and Pudong campus
- Microsoft O365 with access to applications including Outlook (email), Word, PowerPoint, Excel and unlimited storage and file sharing using OneDrive
- World-class curriculum enhancement subscriptions such as IXL Math, Learning A-Z, and BrainPop
- Research Databases such as JStore, QuestiaSchools, WebPath Express and Encyclopedia Britannica
- Blogging, podcasting, website hosting tools for students and teachers
- Student and teacher local file sharing servers
- Seamless wireless access throughout campus
- Open access to Internet resources around the world through our VPN network
- Use of interactive devices such as iPhones, iPods, SmartBoards, and classroom projectors
- “Follow-me” printing allowing students and employees to copy, print and scan at any Ricoh MFP on any campus
- Centralized device management for all SCIS owned devices – providing ease of system updates, software installations, and security and grade-appropriate restrictions